Leaders are the linchpin of companies, without them, no firm would be where it is now. Are you wondering how to be a successful leader in the future?
Leadership is the art of inspiring, guiding and motivating a group of people to work enthusiastically towards common goals and see them become reality. Effective leaders are the ones who are able to make hard decisions, influence their team, empower them, and provide them with the training they need to boost them and clear their paths.
- Self-confidence is essential even in uncertain situations. As a leader you should convince yourself you can do it the right way. This does not mean you will always be right, just do not let your ego get in the way.
- Be sure you accept and respect yourself the way you are, because if you do so, your team will have complete faith in you.
- High self-worth is the key to success thus higher performance, when one sets the bar extremely high, he wins everything.
- Visualize yourself as you want to be, believe in it and realize it!
“Believe you can and you’re there half way” Theodore Roosevelt.
- Sincerity is probably the most important quality a successful leader should have. The more transparent a leader can be, the more he is able to woo his team. Sincerity always stands as something valuable, and living with it improves mental health and strengthens one’s self-confidence.
- If a leader is completely sincere with the others, anyone can show him respect and count on him.
“The secret of success is sincerity” Jean Giraudoux.
Talk less, listen more
- It is all about deciphering the others. If one wants to be a successful leader, he has to be a good listener to understand messages very carefully to be able to interpret them in a right way.
- It is worth mentioning that effective listening requires patience and a strong concentration with all senses, this skill can be acquired with practice.
- With great concentration, one builds strong relationships and accomplishes great things in every kind of success.
“Concentration and mental toughness are the margins of victory” Bill Russel.
- A very good communication requires good listening, straight talking, non-verbal communication, stress management and last but not least, maintaining an open mind.
- An effective communication helps people understand one another and overcome misunderstandings and conflicts.
- It builds respect and trust, and encourages team members to share diverse and innovative ideas with each other.
- It deepens relations in both personal and professional lives.
- With strong communication skills, a leader can influence his followers and boost them to be more productive.
“Seek to first understand, then to be understood” Stephen R. Covey.
Emotional and Rational intelligence
- Emotional intelligence refers to the mental capacity to control one’s emotions and the power to put oneself on the others shoes in order to see through their eyes.
- A high EQ helps leaders communicate better and affects the quality of their work.
- Rational intelligence implies the ability to behave and think critically and logically, it allows leaders to take decisions and also deal with unfamiliar situations.
- A high IQ make it easier for leaders to learn quickly solve problems efficiently and remaining flexible at work.
- When leaders combine the two, they can accomplish anything they set their mind to.
“It takes more than intelligence to act more intelligently” Fiodor Mikhaïlovitch Dostoïevski.
Now take the risk!
- You always take small risks when you get out of your place.
The law of reversibility explains that feelings and actions are like a puzzle which means that they complete each other. If you believe you in something and invest all your energy in it, then be sure you can achieve it.
What stops you then?
- Challenge yourself, face your fears and keep moving forward!
- Opportunities might be scary sometimes, but growing through your insecurities is what can make you THE BEST LEADER OTHERS CHOOSE TO FOLLOW!